Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 On The Good Foot With Maceo Parker

Here we are in the last week of the first decade of the millennium. We are all looking back and reflecting on things that happened for what ever reasons they did. Some of us are happy. Some us are forlorn. Some of us are apathetic. And some of us are not forgetting what the republican administration actually did to the whole world. And that makes me want to forge a future so bright and amazing that they will never be able to do THAT again. And the only way I have ever known how to do this is with music. The remedy continuum.

So now I am hell bent about bringing music back to the foreground with relentless drive and ambition. It is the only way I know how. So count me in! We are looking at a brand new decade approaching. What better time to inhale a deep breath and begin cultivating with every exhale. Excuse me for having such optimistic relevance, but that is what music does to my soul. It empowers me to do the impossible. Jimi Hendrix called it the power of soul. And that's what it's going to take to get what I want. And those that know me, know what it is that I want and who I want in my life...

With that I will turn you over to Maceo Parker. This song somehow reminds me of the years 2000 to 2008. I have to remember to keep my feet from out of the way of bad politics and economic trampling. Maybe even try and reteach some of these greedy politicians of all parties with the music. Some of them, at least.
This is a good year for self redemption. The best way to show others the path is to walk down it.


“Elephant’s Foot” by Maceo Parker
(Down load this mp3 at my newest site: Uncle samurai 2ten)




your friendly cyberhood
Uncle Samurai

No comments: