Friday, October 22, 2010

My life story ...so far

When I was 14, I decided to be a musician. It was a lifetime decision that I have never looked back on. I have talked to people who are my age that still don't know what the hell they want to be and it makes me feel so lucky and blessed that I knew who I wanted to be so long ago. However, I do not have my own house,a steady income, my own children who will carry on my family gene, daily phone calls from friends, a car I can depend on, money to travel with or a degree. A life, as they say.

What I do have, though, is this relentless passion and motivation to make music for all of you who chose to take on life's trials and tribulations day by day, with hard work and the willingness to survive. To some how filter all this chaotic bullshit that we create into moments of blissfulll ear joy. When I play a song to people who enjoy it, it gives me another reason to be here for another day. When someone tells me that my music makes them feel good, I have to make more. It's because of this that my life doesn't seem like work. Regardless of the countless hours I have spent alone, rain or shine composing music. Thanks to my family and friends, I have been awarded the time I need to create music. I am not speaking for every musician out there. I am telling you how I feel. Why? Because this is my life story. It's being written everyday that I am alive. My songs are going to out live me. I appreciate that dearly anytime I listen to Jimi or SRV or Robert Johnson or...any artist that is gone.

So I think it is important to make time to say these things that I will not be able to say one day. Technology makes it possible and very easy to record my thoughts and feelings, as well as songs. I'd hate for my entire life story to be read as a facebook thread, as I add one more file to the countless records of peoples lives being kept by...someone out there. And since I am a musician, the soundtrack, pretty much, writes itself.

It is quite a self empowering moment to realize that I do have control of my life if I am writing the story each day.

This is my life story...so far.


Your friendly cyberhood

Uncle Samurai

1 comment:

Love Finds You said...

Your story is the best one I've read so far.