Friday, July 8, 2011

The Music Slut Interview With Kokayi

Here is a great interview with an artist named Kokayi by The Music Slut, a veteran on line music blog site that I just discovered on the twitter.

It starts here...

TMS: The first thing I wanted to ask you about was the title of the album –Robots and Dinosaurs. Can you talk about where that title comes from, and did you set out to make the album with that theme in mind?
Kokayi: I asked my son what he wanted for Christmas last year, and he said, “Hey dad, I want robots and dinosaurs.” And I was like, oh, ok, because he was five at the time. And I went to work on some music, and it hit me – I was like, wow, robots and dinosaurs. You’re either a robot or a dinosaur. I was listening to a song I was working on, and the longer I sat there and thought about what he said, the longer it all started to play into it...




your friendly cyberhood
Uncle Samurai

No comments: