Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where Did I Sleep Last Night?

Ok it's been a while. You'll have to excuse me for not being here for a few weeks. I have recently become a new member of The English Beat. It's been like a dream so far. Just a couple of weeks, really. But I've already been up and down the coast of California. On a little tour. Getting ready for a bigger one that starts in February. We go on the road with Fishbone across the country. It should be a blast. I mean...how could it not? Dave Wakeling is an amazing musician and a great band leader. He makes touring seem like another day of playing music. I hardly notice I'm working. It's only now that I stop and realize what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Which is...exactly what I've been wanting to do for my whole life: Tour the world with an awesome band.

And because I've been on the road for the last while, I thought of this song. The lyrics have nothing to do with my story, but the fact that I've been going from one hotel to the next made me think to myself: Where did you sleep last night?

So here's Lead Belly...
Leadbelly – “Where Did You Sleep Last Night?” mp3
(This mp3 and other gr8 mp3s can be found at Public Domain 2ten)

your friendly cyberhood
Unclesamurai

No comments: