Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back in the 90's I used to...

Back in the 90's I used to play in the Steve Gannon Monday Night Blues Band. Every Monday night at Blake's on Telegraph. The line up was all pro.
I was actually doing security for a while before I signed up for a jam session with the band. It was an open Mic scenario. So the first few times I played, I was actually on my 15 minute break. But because I gad been a regular musician previously, Steve eventually said with that british accent, "Aye...why don't you bring your amp next time and play all night? "
I played the remaining few years of what would be the last of this infamous band's regular gig. 15 years total for them. Every Monday without fail. If you ever come across one of those bumper stickers that says, " I break for the blues at Larry Blake's," they're talking about this group. So it was an honor to play with such a well established band, if you can imagine what my shoes would say...

Steve Gannon- Rhythm and Lead Guitar/Vocals/Host
Chris Burns on Keyboard
Willie Riser on bass
Kelvin Dixon on Drums/vocals
Moose (That's me) on Rhythm and Lead Guitar
And the incredible Mz Dee on vocals




Steve Gannon- Rhythm and Lead Guitar/Vocals/Host
Chris Burns on Keyboard
Willie Riser on bass
Kelvin Dixon on Drums/vocals
Moose on Rhythm and Lead Guitar

No comments: