Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Own Version (of my very own song)

In a high tech music world of borrowing and sampling...copying and pasting, it gets harder and harder to tell who has written which song. One day I heard a girl say,
"...you know, that song Little Wing...by Sting..."
and I nearly yacked up my left shoe.
(I bet Jimi chuckled up a cloud of pot smoke, somewhere.)

The fact is...
if you are an "artist" you can get on a computer and download anything...splice it together and call it a song. You don't even have to know how to sing or play an instrument. And if you use music samples that are already popular and famous, the chances of people liking it instantly are high. And that's cool for the song writer, I suppose. Especially if they are alive and making publishing money. But sometimes people fail to mention their names and try to take credit for something they didn't create. And that's a strange thing to do, I think.

But anyway...
...this song was fun to write, sing and record. And it is and shall always be... my comedic approach to preventing any confusion, as to who the particular writer of this song is...

your truly
your friendly cyberhood
Uncle Samurai

My Own Version by Uncle Samurai

No comments: