Monday, December 8, 2008

The Story Of Meredith- pt 1

James - Meredith? 
Meredith- Yes, honey? 

J- I'm afraid that I have some bad news to tell you...would you mind sitting down for a minute? 
 M- Yeah...sure, What is it? 
J - Well...it's about us. I...just can't be the person you want me to be anymore. I have tried, very hard to talk the way you like; walk the way you like; even drink the way you want me to drink, and it just doesn't feel....RIGHT any more...
M- Right!? WHAT doesn't feel right?! What do you mean it doesn't feel right , James? I thought...
J -See?! That's just it. Right there. Everything you say starts with " I " thought, or " I " would like, or " I " hate it when, or...or....I just can't see this going anywhere for ME?! Not like this...
M -  That's ridiculous, James. You can't say that after all that I've fuckin' done for you! You still owe me over twenty five thousand dollars. Besides....this house is ours and...the time we spent putting the business together...and the fucking dog, James...what about Rufus? Huh? 
J - You can keep Rufus... Or find him a home or somethin'...I don't care anymore. I've thought about this for a long time, now and I'm just gonna go through with it. I'm leaving you and I'm moving to Poland.
M- Poland?!! What the fuck are you talking about?! Poland?! Where the fuck did Po...
J - MY BROTHER lives in Poland and...that's where the fuck I'm going...so...I figure I should at least tell you before I go.
M - Wait a sec...no, no, no... What the fuck did you just say to me? I can't believe what I just heard you say! Did you just say that you're moving to Poland?!! James...if you don't start making sense this instance...I swear I'm gonna...
J - MEREDITH!!
M - (gasp)
J - Goodbye...
M - But...
(door slams...foot steps walking away...car starts and drives into the distance)




No comments: