Friday, November 7, 2008

And it's 1,2,3 what did we just vote for?


Day 1-The flag has been waved. The race is over. Obama won, yet the celebratory factor is Unity. Slavery is a chapter in the history books that we feel is finally closed.  I walk down the street now and everyone is smiling. At me. Like they never have. Everyone is smiling at everyone in a state of enchanted disbelief. I'm gonna take the whole day and feel like this.

Day 2-I had to ask my friend of he new of any teachers that taught happiness. I just don't know how much of a rookie I am at it, ya know? I have hugged SO MANY beautiful women. I don't remember if I even knew them before November 5th. But I know them now as they walk by and say hello with a smile. That is all I ever wanted in the general public. I'd like to get used to it.

Day 3-So it's the 3rd day and I'm starting to feel the extra happinesss dissolve into general happiness. Which is being tested by the protests of prop 8 passing in California, where I live.
It's true that I voted AGAINST prop 8. It's true that I believed it was gonna get revoked. I walked by the gay people with signs on the morning of the election saying out loud," I think it's in the bag, y'all...get ready to party tomorrow! " Then on the next day I hear on the news that they are in the streets protesting. My gay friend said that she was SO SADDENED by the results that she didn't feel like celebrating. Plus, 7 out of 10 black people voted for prop 8 in California. So I'm wondering if she hates me now, even though I voted against prop 8. The happiness is slowly turning to normal mood level. Because now I wonder how many folks out there who were just SO ELATED about OUR victory are looking at me like I was the sole reason prop 8 didn't get kicked to the curb like it was SUPPOSED to. And if gays are angry with black people now, I wonder if that's a reason for right wing conservatives to celebrate. As if they just added a new group to be upset with black people. Oh man...I was really hoping for 3 days of bliss. Luckily....Bill Cosby is playing tomorrow night! I should go see him. He will know what to say to all of this I'm thinking...

I know...a song 
I'll listen to this song.

Your friendly cyberhood
Uncle Samurai

No comments: