Saturday, August 2, 2008

The founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba

Sometimes I forget about the heroes in our history.
Then I do some reading and remember.
The Art Of Peace is a little pocket sized book that I have been reading for many years now.
It's author is Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido.
This book reminds me of the basic , little things that can re center my perspective, in a world that is simply going buck crazy, for lack of a better term.

Here is a quote from the book : The art of Peace I practice has room for each of the world's eight million gods, and I cooperate with them all. The God of Peace is very great and enjoins all that is divine and enlightened in every land.
-Morihei Ueshiba


There is only one Aikido.
It's roots start with O sensei Morihei Ueshiba.




U.s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word. Just what I needed to read this morning. Thanks.